[TYPO3-core] RFC #15294: Bug: treeFilterReset disappears + minor optimization

Felix Kopp — PHORAX typo3-core at phorax.com
Fri Jul 30 19:49:22 CEST 2010

Ok, I see your position.

I prefer your option (2):

By closing the filter bar the input should be removed, the [x] should be removed and the filter should be removed from the page tree.
This way the filter bar behaves like the search form in the top right corner.

Option (1) could be complex for newbie users.

To click into the input and to hit return again could be confusing without the submit button.
Or the filter could automatically be reapplied when the filter-bar icon is pressed and the input is kept.

But what do the others think?