[TYPO3-core] RFC: #13797: Move checkbox "secondary options" to users module

Jörg Klein joerg at klein-family.com
Fri Jul 30 00:55:44 CEST 2010

Hi guys,

"Susanne Moog" <info at susannemoog.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1279477611.24427.typo3-team-core at lists.typo3.org...
> On 18.07.2010 19:59, Steffen Gebert wrote:
>> Am 18.07.2010, 18:23 Uhr, schrieb Susanne Moog <info at susannemoog.de>:
>
> Ok, here is v2 of the follow-up patch now also renaming the TS config
> value. After some thinking I came up with
> "displaySecondaryOptionsSwitch" because we don't really enable
> something, we just hide or show a checkbox. And as Steffen already
> stated "secondary options" might be easier to understand by a TYPO3
> admin than palettes.

any news here?
For the following reasons I personally think that its overkill to have a
written option in TSconfig and at the same time a checkbox to click at:
Both control one and the same thing. I think having multiple options for one
and the same thing might confuse people more than help them.
Furthermore both ways to show/hide the checkbox are at different places; I
think that is too much for one option. (That's no -1, just my opinion.)

I just want to know which way to go (with an additional checkbox or
without), before making the other patches.

Greetings

Jörg