[TYPO3-core] RFC #15163: Link "joh316" to wikipedia

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Sat Jul 17 21:09:49 CEST 2010

Hi!

Steffen Gebert wrote:
> But that's how it was meant by Kasper, I would say..

Kasper handled it with great delicacy. He could but he did not put the
link. Religion is one of those areas that anybody should avoid messing up
with. Remember those Mohamed wars in Skandinavia? They were caused by
people, who messed up with other people beliefs. How many were attacked in
Islamic countries after that for nothing? The best way to avoid such
problems is not to engage into anything related to religion if you do not
have to. And we do not have to really.

I suppose we can make an HTML comment or source code comment. That would be
good. It would be a reference to TYPO3's history and to Kasper's beliefs.
But I am against the link. TYPO3 is for everybody and we should not put
explicit links to Christianity. This may hurt feelings of other people.

Just think of what you want to achieve with this link and what you could
actually achieve.

This mail was written with best thoughts in mind and it is not intended to
offend anyone. I respect all religions out there. I really do.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security teams member