[TYPO3-core] RFC: #14945: Rename t3lib_BEfunc::time and introduce new function

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Mon Jul 5 09:44:57 CEST 2010

Hi,

Georg Ringer schrieb:
> Am 02.07.2010 12:18, schrieb Benjamin Mack:
>> wow, this is exactly how I imagined it. I got to look into the code
>> closer, but that's the approach I think is clean.
>
> I don't know if the whole thing should belong to the BE only, so maybe
> t3lib works better?

imho these functions are not bound to BE, so beFunc is the wrong holder
for them. t3lib_utility_Date is the right context for all this stuff, so
i like to suggest:
* add functions to t3lib_utility_Date
* use these functions in t3lib_beFunc and add deprecation there

This allows the correct naming of the functions without loosing any
compatibility and also have a cleanup.

vg Steffen