[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11950: [Feature]: Support for SSL and absolute Links

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sun Jan 24 20:16:18 CET 2010

Hi,

> I am against introducing this parameter. Firsts, it changes the behavior
> and makes it incompatible with previous one. It was always TYPO3 who
> prepended config.absRefPrefix to links when it was necessary. I am for
> sticking to this behavior. Also I fear this may create problems with
> linking across domains. Did anybody test it actually with RealURL and
> linking across domains?

I agree with the question: has this been tested with RealURL and
cross-domain linking?

However I find the feature useful. config.absRefPrefix is a very general
that will apply to all links. Sometimes it is desirable to make a
single, specific link absolute. Futhermore the patch in its latest
version is even more useful, since any protocol can be declared. It
might be occasionally useful to make ftp:// links, for example.

But what I'm wondering about is how well this plays with
config.absRefPrefix? Has this been tested? I don't have time to give it
a shot right now.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter