[TYPO3-core] RFC #13131: Feature: Add API to add stylesheet directories

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Sat Jan 2 00:35:19 CET 2010

Hey all,

This is a SVN patch request.

Type: Feature

Branches: trunk

BT ref: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=13131

Problem:
CSS-Skinning possibilities are imited, currently we only have stylesheet,
stylesheet2 and stylesheet_post.

Solution:
In order to split up the BE stylesheets (separation of structure and
visual), some API to add all *.css files in a directory to the BE styles
is needed.
Also skins should use this API to add their stylesheets.

Notes:
* This is part of the work done by Team3 @ T3UXW09 and will be continued
by some further patches, to e.g. split up all the BE CSS.
* This is the misterious "New skinning API" (or at least 50% of it). Sorry
guys when you expected more!
* See 13131-example.diff as how-to-use.
* Please don't expect prompt answers, as I'll be a few days off for skiing

Regards
Steffen

Documentation
=============
to be placed in the table of chapt. 6 in doc_core_api

stylesheetDirectories

Add all *.css files of a directory.
Example: $TBE_STYLES['stylesheetDirectories'][$_EXTKEY][] =
'EXT:myskin/stylesheets/custom/';

It is encouraged  to separate the styles in two parts, once for the
"structure" and the second for the "visual":
$TBE_STYLES['stylesheetDirectories'][$_EXTKEY]['structure'] =
'EXT:myskin/stylesheets/structure/';
$TBE_STYLES['stylesheetDirectories'][$_EXTKEY]['visual'] =
'EXT:myskin/stylesheets/visual/';