[TYPO3-core] RFC #12182: Add some flash messages to EM (part 2)

Marcus Krause marcus#exp2010 at t3sec.info
Sat Feb 20 14:09:30 CET 2010

Am 19.02.2010 23:53, schrieb Steffen Kamper:
> Hi,
>
> Francois Suter schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>>> Don't know.. maybe modify the code simulate an error (place TRUE || in
>>> the ifs)?
>>
>> I guess you can force at least some errors by removing write rights on
>> the typo3conf/ext folder for example.
>>
>>> Think this part is not covered by Steffen's refactoring...
>>
>> Isn't it a complete refactoring? I guess it would be good to have
>> Steffen K's input here, because - as I remarked a while ago - this
>> part of the EM is really ugly. It stands out even more with this patch
>> (not your fault).
>>

> it looks like we refactor the complete one. As you already saw, the code
> of EM is ugly. I seperate logic from output, and of course all messages
> will be rendered with flashmessage or ExtJs if it's result of an Ajax call.

Currently for the refactored part: we throw exceptions when files are
not accessible (remote), unexpectedly missing in local file system,
cannot be written to local file system or problems happen during parsing.
Then we can catch those exceptions later and cover them with
warning/error flash messages.

Marcus.