[TYPO3-core] RFC #13074: Feature: stdWrap for inclusion of CSS and JS files via pageRenderer

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Sun Feb 7 17:56:47 CET 2010

>> 1) why additionalParams.stdWrap? I like stdWrap as in your 1st
>> version much more as it is clear.
>>
>> 2) in pageRenderer please don't instanciate cObj all the time, this
>> will slow down this class. Instead use an "on-demand-initialize
>> object". See TSFE->getPageRenderer od template::getPageRenderer
>> where it'S done the same.
>
> ok, here goes v3, back to stdWrap as param because it's improbable
> that we will add lots of other parameters. I added a helper method
> getCObj to the pagerenderer though I'm not really sure if this is the
> right place for it (t3lib_div? ;)).

I still don't get, why we need stdWrap as param at all - be it with or
without additionalParams as a prefix.

includeJS {
    file1 = fileadmin/template/test.js
    file1 {
        wrap = <!-- test | -->
        if {
            isTrue.field = makejswrap
        }
    }
}

IMHO this should be the way to go, since the other way reminds me of the
differences between HTML (value w/stdWrap) and TEXT (value +  stdWrap),
which has been always confusing for many people.

Just push the value of any includeJS.blah through stdWrap and make a
prominent notice about it in the docs - that's all.

Just my 2 cents

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de