[TYPO3-core] RFC #11221 : Feature : Separate firstname and lastname columns in fe_users table

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Thu Feb 4 18:01:59 CET 2010

Hey everybody,

here are my two cents:

  1) even if something is commited, it can be reverted later on if we
see that there is a better agreement on this.

  2) In my eyes the commit is missing proper documentation, both in the
NEWS.txt and in the CSH, so there is really nothing to be "ready to
commit". In other RFCs there is so much discussion about missing
documentation and this RFCs needs to go in ASAP ... because of what?
  -> Steffen, could please update NEWS.txt

  3) People want speed in the FE but adding two new fields to the
fe_users table doesn't really help in that direction. two fields that
only a small percentage of all the websites are going to use.

If nobody wants to go into a big discussion about that topic anymore,
that's fine with me :) (i personally like that as well :)), but now
let's go back to coding again and make 4.4 rock :)

All the best,
Benni.

Btw: A time period of eight days isn't really long, if you have a proper
job with too much work load ;-).