[TYPO3-core] RFC #14260: Allow DBAL to be configure [Install Tool]

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri Apr 30 15:47:11 CEST 2010

Hi,

This is an SVN patch request.

Type: Feature (yes I know but Benni agreed :D)

Branch: trunk

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=14260
http://forge.typo3.org/issues/show/7116

Problem:
With recent changes in Install Tool, it's possible to hook into it. I did work on this to allow DBAL to be configured automatically.

The way it works is to automatically activate DBAL if other than mysql drivers are available on the current server. It allows DBAL to hook into Install Tool wizard. If at the end mysql is chosen, DBAL
will deactivate itself again.

Additional information:
modification of setValueInLocalconfFile lets me write DBAL configuration with Core methods instead of duplicating them

How to test (for anyone willing to help):

1) Apply patch
2) Replace typo3/sysext/dbal with trunk version from https://svn.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/Extensions/dbal/trunk
3) Test install tool as usual, this should work as before, possibly with an additional driver selection if you have DBAL supported PHP modules

Greets
Xavier