[TYPO3-core] RFC #14120: Add a method to check if database is connected

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 10:58:57 CEST 2010

Hi!

This is SVN patch request.

Type: feature, internal, trivial

BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=14120

Branches: trunk

Problem: There is no reliable method to check if database is connected in
TYPO3. In case if native implementation is used, $TYPO3_DB->link can be
checked. In case of DBAL there is no solution without knowing DBAL
internals. I realized this fact when looked to #14117.

Solution: the patch adds a new generic function named "isConnected" to
t3lib_db and DBAL. Xavier's review is required for this patch!

Note: while we have a feature freeze now, this is not a "user" feature but
a handy function in t3liob_db. I hope Benni will have no objections against
adding it to 4.4.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 security team member