[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug 5678: Missing clearer div in csc-textpic-intext-left/csc-textpic-intext-right

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 10:26:12 CEST 2010

Hi!

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> i can't share your disappointment. The patch only ads the <div
> class="csc-textpic-clear"><!-- --></div> in text with pic left, which is
> there in all other combinations. No new css is used.

It adds a whole new template for CSS static content. So it is not just
clearer div. That's the point.

> The only mess is that every change here leads to a "change of behaviour"
> so installer updater is needed and a new version of static.txt, see my
> other note.

Is it "the only"? :) To be it is a "major" change, which deserved a well
defined RFC.

Think of it. If I want to add a totally new rendering way through a new CSS
styled content, I can now post an RFC saying "Tweak rendering a little". It
is neither descriptive, nor it helps to track who did what, how and when.
Titles must always show what is really inside.

For this particular RFC it should have been two:
- "Add a 4.3 version of CSS static content template" (needed for #2)
- "Add clearer DIV to csc-textpic" (depended on #1)

This would clearly separate two tasks and show it well in history. Now a
simple clearer div is well hidden in a 1188 line diff! It should have been
only 5 lines, not 1188.

It is about clarity and organization of our code.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 security team member