[TYPO3-core] RFC: #13698: Add proxy for the mail() function

Oliver Klee typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de
Tue Apr 13 20:26:38 CEST 2010

Hi Tolleiv,

Tolleiv.Nietsch schrieb:
>> - please use strings ('') as default for the two string parameters
>> $additional_headers and $additional_parameters, not null
>
> I didn't do that because I've no glue whether mail behaves different if
> you pass '' instead of null. What I see on php.net I don't think that
> this would matter but I'm sure that null is "safer" than ''.

According to <http://de.php.net/manual/de/function.mail.php>, these
parameters must be strings. However, I don't know what values can be
used for a parameter to equal a parameter that has been omitted. Do you
have any (official) information on this? That would be great.

>> - $fakeThis always is FALSE an will not be changed. Is there any reason
>> why we have this parameter at all? I suggest to just remove it.
>
> t3lib_div::callUserFunction() expects to get a reference as 3rd
> parameter - you'd have to change to API to get rid of that.

Ah, okay. Thanks for the explanation. Maybe a code comment can prevent
some head-scratching here. :-)

Oli
--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Security Team Member