[TYPO3-core] RFC: #14062: Text Content element crashes (new and edit)

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Sun Apr 11 11:08:31 CEST 2010

Hi Jigal,

On 11.04.2010 11:01, Jigal van Hemert wrote:
> Hi,

> This is an SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Bugfix
>
> Bugtracker references:
>
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=14062
> Branch: Trunk
>
> Problem: Creating or editing a text content element results in:
> TYPO3 Fatal Error: Extension key "" was NOT loaded!
> (t3lib_extMgm::extRelPath)
>
> The extension key is not set when calling this function.
>
> Solution: Use $this->ID instead of $key

this is a side effect of the streamlining RTE patch from yesterday, so
I'd say it's more a follow-up than a real bug.

Besides, I don't know if using $this->ID is the right way, as plugins
could also be loaded from different extensions, not only from
rtehtmlarea if I read the code right. It would probably be better to add
"$key = $this->registeredPlugins[$pluginId]->getExtensionKey()".

The changeset where the bug was introduced is
http://forge.typo3.org/repositories/diff/typo3v4-core/trunk/typo3/sysext/rtehtmlarea/class.tx_rtehtmlarea_base.php?rev=7270

Best regards,

Susanne