[TYPO3-core] RFC #13996: code cleanup: hardcoded image shown in "HELP > About TYPO3" (backend-redesign)

Stephan N Kellermayr stephan.kellermayr at t3x.at
Tue Apr 6 16:13:23 CEST 2010

dear Dmitry,

i understand your worries about the IE6, and its ok if the TYPO3-backend
  generally support it, but i will not respect this browser anymore.
if someone really wants to keep his IE6, he can use other skins, but
t3xskin will definitly go one step further.

many webservices does not longer support IE6, and there are many good
reasons to do so.

and yes, there is a PNG-issue in IE6, but i think its time for a change!

i also thought about a complete change from GIF to PNG, because there
are more possibilities.

if you think that iam completely wrong going this way, please tell me why.

best regards, Stephan

to Susanne: in which brwoser it looked "very strange"? (hopefully it was
not IE6) ;-)