[TYPO3-core] RFC #11391: Add a button to let admins create the file ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL from the backend

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Wed Jun 24 22:52:56 CEST 2009

Michael Stucki schrieb:
> This is a SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Feature (needed or not - let the discussion begin!)
>
> Bugtracker reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=11391
>
> Branches: TYPO3_4-1, TYPO3_4-2, Trunk
>
> Problem:
> Since 0011368 the file ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL is automatically removed if
> it is older than one hour. However, we expect that many admin users may
> need this option quickly when they probably have no shell access.
>
> The result will be some dirty workaround which is probably even less
> safe than the original solution.
> To prevent this, I propose to add two buttons to the users setup module
> of admin users that lets them easily create the file (valid for 1 hour)
> or remove it immediately.

But why do we need the file check if we have an active BE session (plus
an extra installer session cookie).

The file check makes sense if I want to access the installer from
outside of TYPO3 (eg during install or when something broke terribly).
But why isn't the installer open to an active BE session by default?

Masi