[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10320: Feature: Split css styled content templates in version templates to get rid of the compat version checks

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Jun 4 12:08:27 CEST 2009

Benjamin Mack wrote: on 03.06.2009 23:24:

> In cooperation with Susanne, I commited this followup patch to trunk
> that only shows the update script in the installer if there is a change
> needed for the static templates.
>
> It only modifies the update script, and was tested by Susanne and myself.

I was unsure about how to handle the changes added by my latest patch
#11107. It changes rendering of text with images but only if someone
chooses to work with the "new" CSC template (v4.2, v4.1 and older are
not affected).

Should I add an update-note with compatVersion? It should be shown only
if the user chooses compatVersion 4.3 (so that the main "setup.txt" is
still used).

My suggestion would be:

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SC_OPTIONS']['ext/install']['compat_version']['tx_cssstyledcontent_renderimgtext']
= array(
	'title' => 'CSS Styled Content: Rendering of text with images changed',
	'version' => 4003000,
	'description' => '<p>The default rendering for the images-block in the
"text with images" content element changed in certain edge
rendering only one DIV around the image</li><li>with rendering=dl, a
list of images with no caption fallbacks to rendering=ul</li><li>with
rendering=dl, a list of images with one "global" caption (no
splitCaption configured) fallbacks to rendering=ul</li></ul>'
	'description_acknowledge' => 'You might need to update your stylesheets
if you are not using the default _CSS_DEFAULT_STYLE provided with
css_styled_content.'
);

What do you think?

Cheers,