[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11260: Feature: Speed up xml2array by adding a two level cache

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Thu Jun 4 10:59:02 CEST 2009

Ingo Renner wrote:
> looks good! However, I think this shouldn't be stored in cache_hash...
> Things like this could go into a general cache that I still have on my
> ToDo list

I've made a lot of caching related benchmarking the last days. There's not
much activity in the cache_hash table currently and in FE the xml cache
will be accessed only once per site and uncached plugin.
But in a real heavy-load envirenment it could be helpful to have the
possibility to distribute all caching activity to as much dedicated caching
nodes as possible. That is currently only possible on a per table base.

so what do you suggest? introduce a new table for this?

greets
rupert