[TYPO3-core] RFC #6853: item state CUR for pages of type "shortcut" missing in menus

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Wed Jun 3 15:06:21 CEST 2009

Hi,

> Well - the problem still is another one. :-)
>
> With the current way of handling shortcuts, there can't be such an
> indicator, because the shortcut link simply _doesn't_ link to the current
> page but to another one. After hitting this page the _content_ is fetched
> from another page while leaving the _URL_ as is, leaving us with the problem
> of marking item states correctly and having double content.
>
> So if we would change this behaviour to the one somebody would expect from a
> "shortcut", namely to directly link to the page, instead of just showing
> it's content, all these problems would magically fade away. Since all links
> to that particular page would be the same this way, it would be very easy to
> mark them the way you want them to be and there would be no additional link
> pointing to a page showing the same content anymore.
>
> Your approach would just be a workaround to pretend a correct behaviour,
> while my approach is to fix the cause of that problem in order to really get
> rid of it.

ok - now I got you. But fixing the link won't fix the item state as
they're independently handled in the menu. Using the correct link-ID is
the task of typolink, whereas the item state is task of the menu. If I
have some time the next days I'll have a look if I can provide a overall
solution.

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch