[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11117: Update extJs to 3.0 RC1

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Wed Jun 3 12:16:11 CEST 2009

Hi olly,

Oliver Hader schrieb:
> Hi Steffen,
>
> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>> today a new release of RC2 is available
>> http://extjs.com/blog/2009/06/03/ext-js-30-rc2-release-stable-robust-and-enhanced/
>
> Alright. There are two things that have to be considered:
> * Did something change concerning the license of Ext JS 3.0 compared to 2.x?

as i see there is no change, it's only a new release.

> * Provide changes to the TYPO3 Core as follow-up for the modified things
> (e.g. the un() call)

the error wasn't reproducable, seems it was some mess on my local
system. ExtJS 3 is backwards compatible, so no errors are expected (and
nothing happend during testphase)

> Since we're still in alpha phase for TYPO3 4.3, please go ahead and
> bring Ext JS 3.0RC2 into the TYPO3 Core. Since 3.0 offers nice
> possibilities concerning styling issues - why should we rely on elderly
> code here and not benefit from the new features?
>
> +1 on integrating Ext JS 3.0RC2

ok, i will do later today. If anything strange happen we can revert/fix
until beta, but the more testers the better.

vg Steffen