[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11242: Feature: Clear User Session Data

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Wed Jun 3 10:43:02 CEST 2009

Hi,

Ingo Renner schrieb:
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>
> Hi Steffen,
>
>> This patch adds a button in user settings to clear the session data.
>
> but what is it good for? Just explain it a little more, I don't get it
> currently.

ok. The BE_USER->uc is growing and growing, settings are stored. There
is no way to reset this data you can explore in configuration module.

Purpose is for user:
* start again with clean settings

for developer
* reset stored data, delete unwanted settings, explore default behaviour

for DB
* clean up field data (we never thought about a limit and what happen if
limit is reached)
* extensions may store data there, when they are removed the data still
exists in session data

vg Steffen