[TYPO3-core] RFC: #0011499: feature: db compare in install tool can require a huge amount of clicks

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Wed Jul 8 22:14:04 CEST 2009

Rupert Germann wrote:

Hi,

thanks for taking care of this ancient gremlin ;)
Nevertheless I'm having some objections too:
1. you can't select only one type of statement to be executed (changing
fields, removing unused fields _or_ removing tables). So especially if
you have a lot of changes and only want to apply field changes for
example, the supplied patch wouldn't really help.
2. it doesn't work in the extension manager

So, as a follow-up I suggest the attached patch.
It includes a checkbox "select/deselect all" above* each section and
works in the extension manager too.

It does _not_ clean up existing code and might need additional css
styles in order to make it more obvious.

* I did not put the batch-checkboxes beneath the list to prevent people
from going through thousands of checkboxes just to realize that there is
a select all button at the end ;)

Bastian

BTW: was that the right way of posting a follow-up?