[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9714: Feature for automatic load of compressed library

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Sat Feb 28 21:16:37 CET 2009

Hi!

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> that might have the disadvantage that the minifying cost extra time and
> resources each load, a prepared file is much faster.
> And there may be a problem to minify big library like prototype. i
> remember that i tried this with t3lib_div::minify and it doesn't worked.

I am -1 to minify static libraries using t3lib_div. Those libraries do not change too often and they should come pre–minified. There is no need to load every web server with the work that can be done once and for every site out there. It is as simple as:

jsmin < prototype.js > prototype_min.js

I am experimenting with even better solution, which merges several files and minifies them. This speeds up site appearance a lot (1 request instead of 4).

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team