[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10017: [felogin] New Method for "forgotPassword"

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Fri Feb 20 22:08:28 CET 2009

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9885
>
> The old method has a few issues that makes it possible to annoy other
> users, a new password is generated if you enter a valid email address.

Hi (Steffen),

what's the status of this RFC? I really await this feature!

I've tested the patch for trunk.

Some issues:
* The patch does NOT add the following line to template.html file:
> <input type="hidden" name="tx_felogin_pi1[forgot_hash]"
value="###FORGOTHASH###" />
Without sending forgot_hash the whole feature doesn't work ;-)

* I miss a link to the login form after successfully changing the password.
I don't need a link to the form after sending the email with the link, but I
really expect a link after entering new password and being able to login.
So add
> $markerArray['###BACKLINK_LOGIN###'] = $this->getPageLink($this-
>pi_getLL('ll_forgot_header_backToLogin', '', 1), array());
after
> $subpartArray['###CHANGEPASSWORD_FORM###'] = '';
in changePassword() and also remove marker
> if (!$done)
> $markerArray['###BACKLINK_LOGIN###'] = '';
Of course the marker has to be added to the template...

* I dislike unlocalized dates. Is there a better solution than
> $validEndString = date($TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['ddmmyy'] .' H:i',
$validEnd);

* changePassword() outputs the following hint:
> Please enter your new password twice. Password needs a minimum length
> of  chars.
The NUMBER of chars is missing in the output. This is because $minLenght is
declared AFTER putting out this message. So move the line
> $minLenght = intval($this->conf['newPasswordMinLength']) ? intval($this-
>conf['newPasswordMinLength']) : 6;
to the top of changePassword().

* And to make it perfect, rename $minLenght to $minLength everywhere in
changePassword() ;-P

Tell me if I should send a updated version of the patch with all (or some)
of these changes incorporated.

Cheers
Steffen