[TYPO3-core] RFC #9745: Add INSTALL.txt to TYPO3 source package

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Feb 19 16:00:36 CET 2009

Hi!

Christopher wrote:
> But there is no line telling me I also should create those two links:
>            ln -s typo3_src/t3lib
>            ln -s typo3_src/typo3
>
> That is the point.
>
> Dmitry, I slowly get tired of this discussion.

Me too. I spend on these small things more than I can let myself. It should not be discussed here because it was already heavily discussed in 4.3 list. This post was meant to get only a formal approval to commit this file.

> Let's say, I understood how to install TYPO3.
> It's kind of a pity, that you want to make it harder to understand for
> others, but maybe you are right:
> If they don't get it after reading install.txt, they can still google the
> information they need.
>
> Just use the version you want; with or without this info.

I sent that version to Jeff. After commit you can submit changes to this file as normal patches. I neither can, nor want to continue endless discussions on this subject. I have tons of other stuff to do :(

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team