[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9975: Bugfix: Typoscript: CONTENT | slide: multilanguage not correctly respected in content_fallback mode

Stefan Galinski sgalinski at df.eu
Mon Feb 16 14:35:42 CET 2009

Susanne Moog wrote:

> I tried to reproduce this bug but couldn't because it's not really clear
> to me what the bug is about. Could you perhaps be more descriptive about
> what the wanted behavior is and what goes wrong?

Hi Susanne,

Thanks for testing! I have added the following as a comment to the
bugtracker entry.

The bug causes any multilanguage site with an enabled "content_fallback"
mode to be broken with slided content elements. You always get the content
elements of the default language on the subpage, even if there is a valid
translation (!) on the parent page. This is caused due to a missing check of
the page overlay record.

You can only reproduce the bug, if you haven't add an alternative language
to the subpage! IMHO the content sliding should not depend of an existing
alterntive language on the subpage. It's tricky enough to describe the slide
behaviour to redacteurs without such traps.

--
Stefan