[TYPO3-core] RFC #9974: Use PHP built–in gzip/deflate compression in Frontend

Thorsten Kahler thorsten.kahler at dkd.de
Mon Feb 16 09:45:25 CET 2009

Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb am 22.12.2008 8:46 Uhr:

> Here is the fixed patch + fix for 'true' in the 'compressionLevel'
> setting + updated description in config_default.php.

I've read and tested the patch and works as described.

But I have two additions:
- the function typo3CompressionOutputHandler() should be moved to class
t3lib_div (and probably the "typo3" prefix can be dropped then)
- there's no check whether the client requests gzip output encoding (see
lines 270ff in class.gzip_encode.php)

The attached patch adds both.

Additionally the file t3lib/class.gzip_encode.php should be remove as
well when committing the patch.

Regards
Thorsten

--

Thorsten Kahler
. . . . . . . . . . . .

d.k.d Internet Service GmbH
Kaiserstr. 79
D - 60329 Frankfurt / Main

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main
Registernummer: HRB 45590
Geschäftsführer: Olivier Dobberkau, Sören Schaffstein, Götz Wegenast

fon:  +49 (0)69 43 05 61 - 70
fax:  +49 (0)69 43 05 61 - 90
mail: thorsten.kahler at dkd.de
home: http://www.dkd.de