[TYPO3-core] RFC #10371: Feature: Render tabs as ul-li-list in getDynTabMenu()

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Feb 11 14:22:22 CET 2009

Hi!

Niels Pardon wrote:
> I can't imagine in which way extensions may get broken by this? Can you
> explain it in a bit more detail?

CSS floats are unreliable. They require really good clearing, otherwise floated elements may overlay the content. If you see floats ok in one browser, it does not mean they will not broken in other browsers. So you have to test in MSIE 6+, Safai 3+, FF 2+, Opera 9 at least. Everything depends on the markup, so if it works in alt_doc, it is not necessaril works in some other html with floats. CSS floats are not universal.

There is no any real example of how this change will improve anything. Therefore I see it as a "change because of the change". I really would like to see a practical example how this would improve something. Do you have such example? If no, why do we need this change?

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team