[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10322: Send Notification if BE is locked

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Wed Feb 4 20:27:04 CET 2009

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sry, first 2 chunks were not needed, i overlooked that. here is the
> correct patch
>
> vg Steffen

Hey Steffen,
Looks good on testing, but I"m going to spend a little more time with it
before the official +1.  I do have some UI / label nitpicks though :)

* Should we get rid of the progress bar with "waiting for lock removal"?
It never moves that I noticed (and I'm not sure what it would move in
response to) so it doesn't seem like it adds much.

* The label text seems a little cryptic to me, considering that some
editor who doesn't know much about TYPO3 may randomly see this popping
up on their screen. My suggestion below isn't perfect, but maybe its a
little more clear.

"The TYPO3 backend is currently locked for maintenance. Leave this
browser window open and the backend will automatically become available
again once maintenance is complete."

...off to continue testing :)

Thanks,
jeff