[TYPO3-core] RFC #12341: Bug: Image Generation broken with PHP safe_mode = On / Graphicsmagick

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at think-open.at
Tue Dec 29 23:26:19 CET 2009

Benjamin Mack wrote:

> * For trunk, I propose this: Since escapeshellarg() does not like square
> brackets and considers this as a possible misuse of an argument, I'd
> like to change the name of the testimages from .jpg[0] to _0.jpg. This
> way we don't need to workaround this and maintain it the way PHP wants
> it to be.

Hello Benni!

The problem is not the naming of the output file, but rather of the
input file:

$this->imageMagickExec($imagefile.$frame, $output, $command);

The $frame variable gets appended to the input file. The reason is for
handling gif files with multiple frames. In the case of an appended [0]
it only converts the first frame of the gif file.

greets,
Bernhard