[TYPO3-core] RFC #12897: Cannot parse SQL hints

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Thu Dec 3 12:14:30 CET 2009

> Actually all SQL comments in all places of the query should be skipped in the processing for DBAL.

Right for comments! For hints, they *might* be mapped onto valid hints for the underlying DBMS.

> Not all comments are hints, so maybe the naming of the variables and functions is a bit misleading.

You suggest I renamed it to "comments" ?

> Furthermore IIRC hints can appear also on other places , not only right at the beginning.

I don't see the point of adding support for comments when the first comments ever seen in a SQL query are those from RealURL. I'm OK with changing the name of the variable but not with adding support
for something that has no real point of being supported. Try to keep the parser slim until it becomes a need.

AFAIK hints appear after SELECT, not elsewhere. See http://www.psoug.org/reference/hints.html for Oracle.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en