[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10892: Make it possible to style a hover color for pagetree items

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Mon Apr 20 00:43:23 CEST 2009

Hey Steffen,

On 19.04.2009 18:08 Uhr, Steffen Kamper wrote:
> i disagree. To style the span you need display:block, otherwise each
> span has different dimension. Using span with display:block doesn't make
> sense, so div would be the best imho.
I don't get that: "each span has different dimension".

Basically this is what my basic knowledge of CSS/HTML tells me:

     no styles predefined

     no styles predefined except "display: block"

Well, if we just need an extra tag for anything to style for the
skin-styler, I would suggest taking the span since this one does not
destroy anything on all the million skins that are out there :)

About the naming of the class - maybe we finally should come up with a
good class naming scheme that is consistent and is well document. Just
adding this

Personally I don't care if it's a span or a tag, or what naming it is, I
just don't want to make the code more horrible than it already is... ;-)

So, if you like the div more, Steffen, go ahead and give your +1, fine
with me (no big deal, really - I normally hate nitpicking, so I don't
want it to be a bigger issue than it's already is).

All the best,
Benni.