[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10853: [Feature] New Multimedia CE

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Sun Apr 19 21:39:51 CEST 2009

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> This is SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Feature
>
> Branches: trunk
>
> BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10919

> The MULTIMEDIA-CE is a bit outdated and doesn't give much possibilities
> for streaming data as done in modern websites.

I tried the patch with a local .mov file. What I don't understand is why
I had to check the "Use Player" option and to choose explicitly the
"Render type" quicktime. Shouldn't this be possible to derive from the
file extension?

I filled in the text field labelled "Alternative Content". But the text
was shown above the video. It isn't really an alternative then, is it?

Note: setting Auto-Play to off worked well, unfortunately I got no
controls, so I had no way to get it running.

I also got two warnings in the hook class. The customMediaParams method
was called with run-time references (&).

Masi