[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10201: Duplicate cHash Values

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Thu Apr 9 20:42:17 CEST 2009

Hi,

> I plan to change RealURL to use full md5s everywhere. But RealURL now is not in the state when it can be released. Trunk works but if I release it now, people will find it confusing and difficult. There is certain experimental code that I added there but now I think it should be removed (the idea worked but not as expected). So it will take time.

Thanks for the information.

So what would you recommend for this patch? From a point of view purely
of Core development, it is ready to commit and it is a definite
improvement. However it has an impact on RealURL which is one of the
most commonly used extension, so it seems like a bad idea to commit this
change while RealURL is not ready to handle it. OTOH if we want this
feature into 4.3 it has to make it before we enter beta-testing.

What do you suggest?

--

Francois Suter