[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #6039: TCA group -> file absolute path without uploadfolder (extended)

Martin Borer mbarts at gmx.ch
Tue Sep 23 22:31:54 CEST 2008

Benjamin Mack schrieb:
> Hey Martin,
>
> Jeff and I had a look at your patch. In my mind, if somebody doesn't set
> an "uploadfolder" in their extensions' TCA setup, it should either throw
> an error or use a default uploadfolder, don't you think?

Would be better! Some Extensions has to be updated, but direct file
references should only be implemented by the internal_type
"file_reference" which is avaiable in the patch 6039_v6.diff

> Also, do you have a specific use case for that? Any extension in TER
> that has this issue?

Mailformplus has a flag for this issue in the extension Settings
"useReference". The uploadfolder Option in TCA and flexform will be set
to ''. I don't know if there are other Extensions.
That's the reason why I handle an emty uploadfolder like the new
internal_type "file_refernce" in the patch.

PS: I'm using the patch in productive Typo3 Installations. Had no
problems with it. We can save a lot of Webspace, because we allocate
large Video files to different records (no multiple copies). We also use
it for records like HTML Templates and Flash Files in our Extensions.
It's easier to update/upgrade them.

Greets
Martin