[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9097: Introduce a new caching framework (backported from FLOW3)

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Mon Sep 15 04:02:25 CEST 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:

Hi Dmitry,

thanks for taking the time for the review, it's quite some code to look
at...

> The patch looks good as idea to me. But seems to be underscores in the
> class names. We use only camelCase, no underscores. It was clearly
> stated when I asked about names like "getList_formatSingleRow()" during
> the CGL session.

you're right for methods, however in this case we're speaking of
classes. This is a step that will ease finding the class when
introducing the autoloader... The class name reflects the directory
structure which is actually the point for the autoloader and also helps
you to know where the file for the class is. Other than that this is
also a means of structuring and "categorization".

If you think we should add this to the CGL, let's do it.

> Also changes in index_ts.php to do not follow CGL. So these two issues
> has to be fixed. Though, as I said, I like the idea. If it is fixed, I
> may find time to look at it again. But no +1 for now.

what exactly do you mean here? I just followed the way it is done with
all other sub systems in index_ts.php Also note the TODO, count the
includes as temporary until the autoloader is in place.

> Additionally, there is an array in config. This is not what we did so
> far.

Well, actually it is like we did it with the AJAX actions already and is
needed to make the system extensible. I agree that it is hard to think
about an other cache than a variable cache, but who knows?!

I hope I could enlight you a little =)

best
Ingo

--