[TYPO3-core] RFC #9172: Bug: Wrong display of deleted owners and groups in web->access->permissions

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Thu Sep 4 20:28:07 CEST 2008

Hi,

Ingo Renner wrote:
> Jeff Segars wrote:
>> To me, "[15]!" doesn't make it clear that the user with uid=15 used to
>> be assigned but has now been deleted. If you understand this text, it
>> may sometimes be helpful to know that there was once a user assigned but
>> it seems like the key thing to communicate is that there are not user
>> permissions assigned currently.  Would it be more clear to just use
>> "[not set]" for both empty and invalid values?
>
> same feeling here, this is not clear. In fact the screenshot (which I
> looked at first) became clear to me only after reading your explaination.

Its a feature to show references to deleted records with its uid in
square brackets and an exclamation mark. This is also used in the list
module. See attached screenshot for an example of a page assigned to a
deleted fe group. It enables an admin to re-enable the referenced id.

What do you think of adding a title to show a hover like "Deleted" or
"Invalid" instead?

Cheers
Christian