[TYPO3-core] RFC #8636: Hardcoded labels in Configuration-module

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 18:05:06 CEST 2008

Hi!

Jeff Segars wrote:
> * For the "copyPaste" label, should we just localize the actual message
> and not the parenthesis that surround the message?

No, such constructions should go together. You will be surprised how
different they can be in different languages (spaces around,
different types of parenthesis, etc).

I do not have example for parenthesises but I have one for quotes.
For example, English will look like “Hello, world” while correct
Russian will have «Hello, world!». Of course, computer geeks will
always write "Hello, world" even though this is correct ;) But in
general the whole phrase should go together.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 translations support