[TYPO3-core] [TYPO3-dev] New Element Wizard has no option for hiding Elements via pageTS

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Oct 22 10:21:37 CEST 2008

Steffen Kamper wrote: on 21.10.2008 17:16:

> thx for sharing your ideas.
>
> indeed you're right, best would be to pass the information with the
> create-link for both situations.

Nice to see that we agree on that. :)

> The new element wizard is very basic one, Dmitry told me that the core
> one was originally copied from TemplaVoilà :-)

I cannot believe that, because the new content element wizard has been
there for "ages" (even in TYPO3 3.5, if I recall correctly).

> I tried to use the core one for TV as well as it sucks to develop same
> module in different versions, best negative example is the element
> browser, which exists in core, rte (3times) and in DAM.
> There is a different link-generation in TV one, but this can be solved
> easy.
>
> I'm not quite sure about how to configure in classic (TV is easy using
> the DS), so atm i think about positive:
> XXX.col_pos.allowedCType = a,b,c
> negative
> XXX.col_pos.denyCType = d,e
> also a general one without col_pos ...
>
> Maybe i should think about some more and come with a complete solution
> for classic first with an enhanced wizard that can be used from TV as well.

Yes, that would be a good idea. So let's move the discussion to the -dev
list (follow-ups there please):

First, the "wizard entries" are not "CType", but new tt_content records
with "pre-filled" data: can be CType, can also be bodytext (like the
form wizard) or a combination of fields pre-filled (CType=textpic and
image position, or CType=list and plugin-name).

I would start with a blank list and add the entries via PageTS, and have
no hardcoded array in PHP. The "default set" that we currently see could
be added automatically by a default PageTS provided by the "cms" extension.

mod.xMOD_db_new_content_el.elements {
	common.header = LLL:common
	common.elements {
		regularText {
			icon = gfx/c_wiz/regular_text.gif
			title = LLL:common_regularText_title
			description = LLL:common_regularText_description
			tt_content_defValues.CType = text
		}
		textImage {
		}
	}
	common.order = regularText,textImage,...
	plugins.header = LLL:plugins
	plugins.elements {
		1.general {
			icon = gfx/c_wiz/user_defined.gif
			title = LLL:plugins_general_title
			description = LLL:plugins_general_description
			tt_content_defValues.CType = list
		}
	}
}

having that in PageTS makes it very flexible in that every admin can
create his "own" set of wizards, remove existing one, even create
pre-filled tt_content elements that would require an extension before.

This list has to be transformed into the PHP-array which we currently
have, because it could be manipulated by extensions via the
$TBE_MODULES_EXT['xMOD_db_new_content_el']['addElClasses'] global
variable (most EXT only add to the plugin_ section).

What do you think?

Cheers,
Ernesto