[TYPO3-core] RFC #9474: Integrate OpenID authentication support to TYPO3

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri Oct 10 11:28:45 CEST 2008

Hi!

>> Type: feature
>>
>> Branches: trunk
>>
>> BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9474
>>
>> Problem: integrate OpenID authentication to TYPO3 (both BE and FE).
>> OpenID provides a way to use a single login to different hosts in a
>> secure way. User needs to register only once with the OpenID provider
>> (such as Yahoo or LiveJournal) and he can login with this registration
>> to any OpenID–enabled site.
>
> Here is the updated patch. Changes:
> - should now work if TYPO3 is installed in the subdirectory
> - code to include OpenID libraries is executed only once. It is cleaner
> than before.

I read it (skipped mostly the external library) and it is OK. However,
you forgot to include patch for removing warning on open_basedir
restriction:

Warning: is_readable() [function.is-readable]: open_basedir restriction
in effect. File(/dev/urandom) is not within the allowed path(s):
(/var/www/data/domain.tld/www:/var/www/data/share:/usr/share/php:/tmp)
in
/var/www/data/share/typo3_src-4.2.2/typo3/sysext/openid/sv1/class.tx_openid_sv1.php
on line 257

You missed the @ prepended to both is_readable() calls.

Thus here my points *after* you fixed the @ warning of course

+1 after reading
+1 after testing both with "rooted domain" and a subdirectory for TYPO3

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en