[TYPO3-core] RFC #9505: Make the caches in TYPO3 use the new caching framework

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Wed Oct 8 11:14:28 CEST 2008

Ingo Renner schrieb:
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>
>> Oh, actually there are three :) There is also one that checks for an
>> interface (eg t3lib_Interface_Singleton). That interface wouldn't define
>> any methods. It's just there for the benefit of
>> t3lib_div::makeInstance().
>
> an interface without methods doesn't make a lot of sense to me...

The idea was that it allows t3lib_div::makeInstance() to see if the
class is a singleton and hold a copy for later reference. I thought that
it MAY help with unit tests when the class itself doesn't store it's own
instance (accessible via eg getInstance()).

If it makes no difference I would choose the getInstance() way.

Masi