[TYPO3-core] RFC #9852: Feature: Provide a random byte generator in TYPO3 Core

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sat Nov 29 09:11:55 CET 2008

Hi Marcus,

> After looking into the differences between OpenID implementation and
> this patch, I highly recommand using this patch as it provides a greater
> entropy.

Then I suggest you post a RFC for patching the OpenID sysext. But please
write your thought on how you calculated the entropy for both methods.
Not all of us are very confortable with entropy calculation out of a
block of code but I guess many more will be able to understand why your
code is more secure out of a few mathematical operations.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en