[TYPO3-core] RFC #9246: debug_trail gives no filename

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Wed Nov 12 12:21:45 CET 2008

Franz Holzinger schrieb:
> This is an SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Bugfix
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9246
>
> Branches:
> trunk, TYPO3_4-2
>
> Problem:
> The function t3lib_div::debug_trail shows the line numbers on the wrong
> place. Only the class names are show, but no filenames.
>
> Solution:
> Add the filename to the debug output together with the line number.

As this gets quite verbose (and the // doesn't add a line break) I have
created a version that outputs the filename of an element only if
different then the previous element. Also a class name is abbreviated
with an asterisk (*) when it is the same as the previous. I think this
is more concise.

Anyway, to me the missing filename is a bug because it should be there
for debugging purposes.

Masi