[TYPO3-core] RFC Feature Request #9670 Code-Completion for TypoScript in the t3editor

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Wed Nov 12 02:06:35 CET 2008

Hi Tobi,

Tobias Liebig schrieb:

> attached a new revision of the patch.
>
> fixed:
> * choosing a word in code-completion by click should work in IE now
> * changed JS "object.extends" to "object['extends']" due to IE problems
> with the first variant (thanks oliver)
> * added corrected "<?php" tag to tsrefLoader.php  (thanks oliver)
>
> thanks for testing and feedback so far

Thanks for the latest patch. I've tested it in Firefox and Internet
Explorer 7 and in general it works. Of course there are some flaws that
I don't consider as major or critical - they should be improved in the
next weeks.

+1 on reading(*) and testing

You see the asterisk behind the "reading". Well, I had to change many
things:
* in general many formatting changes in the new codecompletion resources
* implemented the available TYPO3 AJAX handler (typo3/ajax.php):
  + removed lib/ts_codecompletion/tsrefLoader.php
    -> now in class.tx_t3editor_tsrefloader.php
  + removed lib/ts_codecompletion/pluginLoader.php
    -> now in class.t3editor.php
  + removed lib/te_codecompletion/ext_ts_templatesloader.php
    -> now in class.tx_t3editor_codecompletion.php
* Fixed security issue for the "loadTemplates" method that transfered
TypoScript over an AJAX call. Every BE-user (even a non-admin) was able
to grab all TypoScript configuration which might contain sensible data
like passwords for webservices or an SMTP account, ...

I'd like to see this enhancement in TYPO3 4.3-alpha1. However many other
things must still be done, like better documentation/phpDoc-comments and
refactoring. I trust in the thought that this will happen... ;)

Thus, I'm going to commit this RFC in the next 24h if nobody objects.

olly
--
Oliver Hader
TYPO3 4.3 Release Manager