[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9758: Write Configuration to extTables.php

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Mon Nov 10 09:20:38 CET 2008

Hi,

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi again!
>
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> in Configuration module you can view the TCA-array. By clicking on a
>> property you get an input field with the complete line.
>>
>> You will see a message:
>> (Now, copy/paste this value into the configuration file where you can
>> set it. This is all you can do from here...)
>>
>> Not any longer :-)
>
> Now after I thought about it, I am not sure if it is a good change.
>
> There are cases when you have several admin users but not every
> admin user can use Install tool. You know, install tool is protected
> by a special password even when you are logged in as admin. There
> are cases when only a certain admin should be able to change
> settings system wide.
>
> Unless another admin uses Quickxplorer, he must know the passowrd to
> Install tool if he wants to modify settings. This probably made for
> a reason and I can see a good use case for it.
>
> So I doubt we actually should make this change at all. It is
> convenient, yes. But it makes possible system configuration
> manipulation by any admin user, which is not always a good thing.

Install tool is meant for other settings. This module is called
"Configuration", and now it can be used for configuration.

If an user has admin rights ha has the chance for "destroy" anyway, so
this should be only trusted users. I made the patch because there are
some settings in TCA that needs change like maxItems or max, which can
be done now very easily.
As i'm in a forum as well i know what users ask for all the time, and
those changes are one of this.

vg Steffen