[TYPO3-core] RFC #9742:[Feature] Zebra columns for fileadmin listing

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Wed Nov 5 23:48:23 CET 2008

Hi Stefano,

Stefano Kowalke schrieb:
> This is a SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Feature
> Bugtracker Reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9742
>
> Branch: trunk only
>
> Problem:
> Some time ago, zebra columns was introduced in the template module.
>
> To be consistent in de BE and for a better usability and overview in
> fileadmins list view, making use of the zebra columns in fileadmin too.
>
> Solution:
> * add zebra columns to fileadmin
> * add css styles
> * clean up the code of affected functions

I appreciate your work and the energy you put into cleaning up the core
sources by applying formats of the inofficial CGL.

However, I'd like to see cleanup and functional changes separated. It
would be easier to just have the few lines in the patch file that were
necessary to implement this feature.
Of course if's fine, when lines that have to be changed for the feature
or bugfix were adapted to fit CGL - but it's not required to refactor
the whole file then...

So, I kindly ask you to provide a simple patch that only contains the
necessary changes to have "zebra columns" enabled. Let's do all the
formatting stuff of all core files later on - there are some nice
scripts out there that can take most of the work and reformat the code
automatically. So, no need to spend too much time on whitespaces and
tabs now.

Thanks in advance!

olly
--