[TYPO3-core] RFC #8542: Cannot create page with Mysl in strict mode (STRICT_TRANS_TABLES)

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Wed May 28 17:35:13 CEST 2008

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Solution: Make the conversion in TCEmain if necessary. A possible
> different solution would be to use 0 as TCA default for group fields
> (internal_type "db"), but I think it is more proper to make the
> conversion in TCEmain if necessary for all such occurrences.

I do not think it is right to set field to 0 for 'group'. SQL field can be either int or varchar for "group". Setting 0 looks ok for int but setting it to 0 for varchar does not make sense. I would rather not send field to database. Let MySQL choose the default.

> PS: After T3DD08 if have switched to Eclipse. So far so fine. I can make
> patches, but my root for the patch is my physical root on Windows
> "C:\foobar" not my SVN root. The docs talsk of an option for CVS, but I
> cannot find it fo SVN. Can somebody help me?

You have to remove prefix manually :(

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team