[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bugfix 8199: Incorrect multiline headers in boundary parts (t3lib_htmlmail)

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Fri May 23 09:36:05 CEST 2008

Ralf Hettinger schrieb:
> This is an SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Bugfix
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=8199
>
> Branches: 4.2
>

> Problem:
> There are some ";" boundary multiline header separators missing when creating
> mails with attachements via class t3lib_htmlmail.
>
> For most mail clients this isn't a problem but it prevents certain webmailers
> (like squirrel) to recognize file types of attached files properly since they
> can't figure an attached file's name (and ending).

+1 from reading (applicable also for 4.1)

> Additionally, it would be quite useful for avoiding TYPO3-mails being filtered
> as spam if pdf-attachements would be declared as Content-Type: application/pdf
> (currently application/octet-stream).

I think we wanted to add some "real" mime type global detection, but
alas we didn't manage to get it into 4.2. So for me this change is ok as
well. It's more likely to send PDF files per mail than Flash files => +1

Sidenote: It's odd that getExtendedURL calls getURL without headers and
will call for unknown types getURL (in getMimeType) again, this times
"headers only".

Masi