[TYPO3-core] RFC: Resubmission of feature #1585: Logfile by Request URI + configuration of Empty Referer handling + logline hook

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sun Mar 16 15:54:05 CET 2008

Michael Stucki schrieb:
> Hi Steffen,
>
>> better now before i forget, here is the correction as Masi mentioned and
>> also the variant using class constants as Ingo also favourisited.
>
> I have made some more changes to your patch, fixed some minor glitches and
> moved similar error messages to their own variables...

Looks good now (untested).

But I wouldn't call t3lib_div::sysLog in a
page-not-found/improper-rootline condition. This will only blow up the
log-file. A page miss is not a system error and this what aught to be
logged there. Consider if someone made use of the mail-on-error feature *!

The other occurences are IMHO ok to log in the sysLog, though I'd use a
different log (log facility). But as we don't have them in 4.2 (unless
we add yet another feature) this is fine with me. For 4.3 I propose log
facilities for FE/page and auth messages.

Masi

* yes, sysLog may send mail. Intended of course for critical errors, but
nonetheless.