[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7776: Page Filter enhancement: filter IDs

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Sat Mar 15 16:52:14 CET 2008

Steffen Kamper wrote:

Hi Steffen,

>  to give the Pagetree filter bit more functionality i enhanced him to filter
> IDs.
> Enter 5 will highlight the page with ID 5

I just tried it out and it works like intended. However after reading
Frans' argument about page titles containing numbers and having the same
in my test scenario I thought about it again.

It feels really strange when you type 3 and it actually highlights
pageID 3 but that page's title does not contain "3", but 2. On the other
hand I'd expect that it would highlight my page called "sub3" which has
ID = 4 in my environment. Although I guess that your feature may be
useful in some ways I also think that it is as confusing in most
situations. I'd therefore like not include it in the core.

Ingo

--
Ingo Renner